Welcome to ExpressRide (formerly A2Express)!
Canton and Chelsea Route Changes
Reverse commute service is now available on selected trip. See schedules for details: Canton & Chelsea
These routes provide easy, comfortable commuter service from Canton and Chelsea to Ann Arbor on weekdays.
How to Ride
It's easy to use ExpressRide. First, choose your bus stop. Then, arrive a few minutes ahead of the scheduled time. When boarding the bus, have a pass, ticket or cash fare ready for the driver. Buses have wi-fi and comfortable seating, so once you're onboard, sit back, enjoy the ride, and arrive relaxed!
A PDF brochure showing schedules, detailed maps and fares for both routes is available here.
Where It Goes
Start here - Canton:
- Buses pick up at the Meijer store on Ford Rd at Canton Center Rd (click here for map)
- At Meijer, free parking spaces are available for Canton Express commuters.
- o Please park in the section of the lot closest to the bus stop sign located next to Max & Erma’s.
- Buses pick up at the bus stop sign in the parking lot.
- Buses also serve the Cherry Hill Village area in Canton (click here for map)
End up here - Ann Arbor:
Or start here - Chelsea:
- Buses pick up at the Arctic Coliseum in Chelsea (click here for map)
- 100 free parking spaces are available for Chelsea Express commuters.
- Please park along the north edge of the arena building, closest to Coliseum Drive.
- Buses pick up at the bus stop sign located between the parking area and the main entrance.
- Buses pick-up/drop-off at stops indicated on the map.
When it Runs
Canton Express operates Monday through Friday excluding holidays (New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day). Click here for additional information on service during holiday seasons.
Schedules, route-maps, real-time bus status updates and information on detours and service changes is available here: Canton route, Chelsea route
What it Costs
- Commuter Pass
$99.00 full-fare (purchase online or at these locations)
$49.50 for commuters employed by a participating employer sponsor.
A Commuter Pass lets you take unlimited rides on either ExpressRide route for the time period specified.
Click here for information on employer-sponsored Commuter Passes, pass outlet locations and other special benefits related to the Commuter Pass.
- Ten-Ride Ticket
$40.00 for ten rides (purchase online or at these locations)
$20.00 for commuters employed by a participating employer sponsor
When you purchase the ticket, you can use it any time within a year. The driver will punch the ticket each time you take a ride.
New ExpressRide Customers!
Enjoy a complimentary Ten-Ride Ticket. Simply click on the online application link, fill out the form and submit it for your free Ten-Ride ticket. Good for one free Ten-Ride Ticket only - no obligations. Valid for new ExpressRide customers only.
- One-Way Cash Fare
$5.00 per ride
If you don't have a pass or a ticket, you can ride by paying exact cash. Please note that discount cash fares do not apply to this service.
Guaranteed Ride Home
In the event of an emergency, TheRide will reimburse ExpressRide Commuter Pass holders for a cab ride back to Chelsea or Canton.
Some basics of the Guaranteed Ride Home program:
- A rider must use an ExpressRide Commuter Pass on a regular basis.
- A rider must make their own arrangements for a taxicab or rental car (services or rentals from Metro Cars will NOT be reimbursed).
- Reimbursements will be made for trips from the rider’s worksite to the ExpressRide Park-&-Ride lots at the Arctic Coliseum in Chelsea or the Meijer store in Canton (Canton Center Rd and Ford Rd), or other destinations within a two-mile radius of these locations.
- Intermediate stops (e.g., day care or hospital) are permitted.
- The service may be used up to six times per year but no more than twice in one month.
- A reimbursement form (available here) must be completed and mailed in with an original copy of the taxicab/rental car receipt to:
Ann Arbor Transportation Authority
ATTN: Guaranteed Ride Home program
2700 S. Industrial Hwy.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Guaranteed Ride Home can be used for personal or family illness, unscheduled overtime or other mandatory work-related holdover.
- Guaranteed Ride Home cannot be used for half-days of work for non-emergency reasons or missed trip due to non-emergency reasons.
Ask Us! Tell Us!
Have any questions, suggestions or ideas? We want to know what you think of ExpressRide! Send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 734.996.0400.