Bike the Ride
All Ann Arbor Transportation Authority buses are now equipped with a double loading bike rack on the
front of the vehicles. This addition to the AATA system will now allow for true multi-model commuting
around the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area.
The racks are simple -
Just follow the reverse directions when you arrive at your stop. It's that simple.
- Wait at an AATA bus stop with your bike. Remember to take any loose items off your bike.
- When the bus comes to a complete stop simply walk your bike to the front of the vehicle, remaining on the curb side of the street.
- Lift the front top latch on the rack- it can be done with one hand.
- Place the front tire of your bike in the position marked "front tire" and slip your rear tire into the back slot.
- Lift the spring loaded brace over the front tire and you are done.
- Board the bus!
Bike racks on buses are one of the newest ways to commute into Ann Arbor
Combine Your Commute
Bike and Bus It!